Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heart Broken

This is for yall who know me.  This is a thank you for those who have put up with me for the past three years (for some longer) and have supported me.  This is for those back home who let me do what I needed to do so that I could (and continue) to find out who I am.  For the past three years, I have been in and out of your lives- being anything but stable. I want to take this, and first thank my family. I am sorry if I seem to be the nomad, roaming daughter/sister who can’t seem to find her ground. But I am so blessed because I have parents and brothers who let me.  You knew I needed to do my thing and I needed to find out who I was and who I am suppose to be. Even though this journey is still in the fast lane, I know I will always have a place to call home. For my friends (you know who you are and I am missing those meetings more and more), thank you for understanding. Thank you for letting me leave, and then when I come home (even if its only for 2 months) embracing me like I never left. These past three years have been radical, surprising, breaking, unexpected and the best of my life. But they would be nothing without knowing I am supported.  I am sorry that I am not there for all the little things- and some big. (if it makes you feel any better, I hate living through pictures on facebook and emails). I am sorry I am not there to see you grow and find who you need to be and who you  are.  There are times when all I want to do is be at home, sitting in my living room, FSU on the TV (wining of course, so you know its a dream) and everyone I love eating really good food and just being able to breathe. But for the moment I am here. Right now,we are half a world apart. Don’t get me wrong- I absolutely love it here and can’t really picture myself being anywhere else.  I am so joyful and so blessed to be here.  Majority of that is cause of back home.  Thanks agian.  I miss you. I love you!


Always always,


Laura Jean


p.s. for those of you who care- a legit update will be coming soon. But in light of recent events, I felt this was appropriate. 


“Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor the fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food, though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no heard in the stalls- Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The Lord God is my strength; he will make my feet like deer’s feet.  And He will make me walk on my high hills.”  Habakkuk 3:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment