Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh How He Loves Us

        Its been a few days and I am still not caught up on my sleep. Is that even a possibility? I doubt it. But as my clock ticks to the dreaded hour of 3:00 and my eyes start to burn and the reminder of how the warmth of my comfy bed haunts my thoughts I am reminded of why I am so exhausted:




    This past weekend we had our annual spring youth CRosSWILD retreat in Panama City Beach and once again, it was freakin awesome! The biggest one yet (casue we will grow!), nearly 200 Jr. and Sr. High students from the Tallahassee area, along with roughly 40 leaders, were asked to think. Think about what you are projecting and what your reflecting.

Majority of the time we project what we want others to see. We come off as tough, yet we are hurting more then anyone. We seem to be happy and go-lucky, yet we are falling into the darkness of solitude.


What we all nee to ask is, am I reflecting that of the love that I obtain through Jesus Christ?

    To know that we are all sinners that were made in the image of Christ. That through Grace, we are worthy of reflecting His image in our lives. God does not make junk, and we are His craftsmanship- choosen.
   This is my 3rd CRosSWILD camp that I have been involved in and even though it is put on for our youth groups, I think I speak for every leader involved, that we are just as blessed as any student. To witness 200 students cover the beach on Saturday morning, bibles out and starting their day off with personal time with Jesus. To sit back and listen on Saturday night as the band had to scream because everyone was singing so loud that they couldn’t hear themselves. To watch as this generation is being ignited to start a revolution and to be awakened to the possibility of God desiring to use them. To realize how proud I am of my brothers, my parents and friends. To stand in awe at what God is doing in this city, among these people and how humbled I am to have any part of it.





1 comment:

  1. I completely agree on all counts, well said.

    ReplyDelete