Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Close proximity

    Yesterday at staff meeting I was scheduled to give my testimony. I have given my testimony in the past- but not at a confrence table with 8 pairs of beady eyes staring you down. I usually dont get nervous to talk- ever, but the night before I was sitting on my bed talking to myself - trying to figure out what I needed to say, what veiw I wanted to take it. Do I go throught he eyes of the 8 year old in the back seat of a beat up minivan? Or do I take the theological bible college approach? All I know was that I am blessed enough to grow up in a chrsitian home, so I don't have any comming to Jesus moments in a crack house or any revelations of prophetic healings of some crazy addiction.

However, I am a human, a sinner and am saved... from myself.

  As I was continuing to talk to myself in my room and found myself continuing to talkg in circles, I threw my hands up in the air and cried out that God would just show me what He wanted!

"For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of a testator.
For a testament is in force after men are dead,
since it has no pwer at all while the testator lives." Hebrews 9:16-17

  I have been saved from myself. I have a testimony- but I must die daily for the power that lies in me to be awakened. The same power that Jesus used to conquer death is the same power that lives in me- I just have to be willing to call upon His name.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about this. I, too, was saved at a very young age, and I have always felt like I have a "lame" testimony. How sad to feel LAME when really I was BLESSED early in life! It is so difficult to let go and let God sometimes, but you are right... it is a daily (if not "secondly") battle. Once again, thanks for posting. :) I enjoy your deep thoughts and honesty.

    ReplyDelete