Monday, June 29, 2009

Spark

“Perhaps the artist longs to sleep well every night, to eat anything without indigestion, to feel no moral qualms, to turn off the television news & make a bologna sandwich after seeing the devastation & death caused by famine, drought, earthquake & flood.
But the artist cannot manage this normalcy. Vision keeps breaking through & must find means of expression.”
Madeline L’Engle


I drive down the road and sometimes have to stop and catch my thoughts. I have a tendency to be distracted by something- usually anything- and next thing I know I have a lifetime story in my head. Fearless stories of fictional characters who have faced far worse, more tragic lives than my own and how they have dealt with them. Sometimes its opposite- its the way i feel it should be. I am a people watcher. In airports I love to sit and see strangers and in my mind I make up their lives- are they happy? where did they come from? Single? Married? Searching? Found? These characters and imaginary fairy tales of love and lost are swimming aimlessly around my head. I put them down every once in a blue moon- but mostly they just drift off.


But what has gotten my attention more than recently is the spark. What triggers these notions of a unknown reality?



The spark lies in the fire. The spark is the Creator behind everything.



I once read that a artist relationship with their god is not effected by their life. But their life is effected by their god. My God- is the Creator. My life is driven by the creation. And every time I get the spark going, once I get my thoughts under control, I am forced to stand back in awe of what ignited it all.



“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there. If I make my bed in hell, behold You are there...”



Every where I go I am reminded how You are everywhere. You are in all things. You are guiding me.



“...Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.” Psalm 139:7-10

3 comments:

  1. Laur, amazing. don't ever stop writing, it's an encouragment and a blessing. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its alway amazing to see what God does in others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ainastYou know, its like I'm reading my diary, my thoughts. Weird. We really should have been better friends.

    ReplyDelete