Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lead me

Lead me.
My knees are buckling and I need You to help me stand.
I’m left hungry for love that won’t come.
I can’t chase dreams that won’t ever live
Show me that it’s worth the fight
That one day, Your promise, Your vision, will happen.
Scared of the reality of what might not come.
You say you’re protecting me, but I can’t seem to see the reward.
One day, I pray, that I can look back.
I can laugh at my own self and lack of faith.
For expectant faith is the hardest to have-
To trust You when I don’t know where it may lead.
To be content and not complacent.
For You desire truth in my inward parts
To know that in this hidden recess of my mind, you are hiding wisdom.
But I am letting you know- I can no longer do this alone.

“May He grant you according to your hearts desire,
and fulfill all your purpose.” Psalm 20:4

No comments:

Post a Comment