Monday, June 6, 2011

Come Alive

Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.
Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?
(Author: Jonathan Mead)

If anyone had the blessing (or curse?) to know that they had one week to live I don't think anyone would go to the office from 9-5 and then head to the gym afterwards. You are a blessed person if you enjoy your job on a typical day- knowing you have to have one to survive. Pondering this hypothetical fact of life, the kid in me comes out and screams "lets go to Disneyland!", but then I feel like whoever reads this might judge me a bit. However, everyone would be invited. I am the definition of a social bee and I thrive off mingling and talking to people. My last week alive would consist of my parents house overflowing with friends, family, food and the love of Jesus being poured out. In reality that happens quiet often, but not nearly often enough. 

Thank you Pops for showing me this: #Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Find out more at http://ralphwaldoemerson.me


No comments:

Post a Comment