Monday, June 13, 2011

Fear


These are voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. –Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self-expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the following answers:

1.     Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? Or the love you you’ll never venture? Or the joy you’ll never feel?
No, no and no.  Take that step of faith. Let it encompasses all that is within you and don’t let nothing keep your life from being fully over taken by the power that is already in you. If He is for us the who could ever be stop us? It is scary and unknown, but it will be worth it all. (so I keep telling myself)
2.     Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?
10 years? No. But just as everyone else, I am sensitive to my own insecurities and how others will feel if I was in their shoes. Sacrifices have to be made and the things will change. And others will be affected. Yet I cant base my life decisions off of someone else and what they think. However I can realize it will affect more than just me.

3.     Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?
I believe you must realize you can me more than who you think you are right now. I believe people settle for what is tangible and what is comfortable and gives us the most control. Push yourself and get out of the way. Let Him take full control and be sensitive to the leading of His hand. Realizing that you were made for far more than the limitations you see yourself.

Now do. The thing. You fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment