Monday, October 10, 2011

FulFilled

 “ ‘For my thoughts are not your thought. Nor your ways are My ways.’ Says the Lord. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thought than your thoughts.’ ” Isaiah 55:8

    The last morning had arrived and I found myself sitting with my eyes closed- trying to take in the magnitude of what had taken place in the last 48 hours. I sat there- dirty hair, no makeup, sleep deprived and joyful. Cause you see, I was surrounded by 80 other girls who were in the same place. God had taken us to a place of wilderness to see Him work in our hearts, to allow Him to move us closer to His throne of Grace.  I sat there, listening to the voices of many crying out to Hosanna.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

    Friday we had all piled in cars and headed to St. George Island for the second ever high school girls retreat. Every time I think I can tell how God is going to work and the possibilities of all the hiccups and what not- I am knocked to my knees and it ALWAYS exceeds my expectations. This weekend was no different. Even in my own efforts God proved me wrong (failed pies anyone?)

    The following three days over flowed with knowledge, worship, prayer and encouragement of who we are, that the God of all creation created us and that we are truly “fearfully and wonderfully made.”  This weekend was stripped down to the bones of acoustic melodies of truth and power. The emotion was there- but the heart felt decisions were based off personal revelations of the Lord. We are to do as we know, not what we feel. Emotions are fleeting and majority of the time how we feel is not what it true. We know what is right- so do it. We know the tree is evil, yet we stand next to it- get away from the tree. Surround yourself with strong believers who will tell you to run to other side of the garden as they encourage you to recognize the value that you have. No matter how much spit has been placed on you or how often you have been picked up off the ground with dirty feet- realize that your Savior sees your worth. Recognize that, and demand the respect that you deserve. Set the bar high and don’t let compromise and fears get in the way of what God has for you. Devote your lives, your dreams, your fears, your days to the one who will guide you.

“For I shall go out with Joy, and be let out with Peace....” Isaiah 55:12



No comments:

Post a Comment