Monday, November 7, 2011

Dry Bones

Sometimes my heart and mind gets overwhelmed by a few words or thoughts. They become continuous in my life, prayer, reading and in conversations. During those times I cant help but wonder what God has up his sleeve. It is in these times, that I have to write it out and see what happens. This is one of those moments.

I stumble over them. They are disposed everywhere and as I walk, I am careful not to crush them as they are already fragile and broken. I tip toe around the pieces of what once was. I remember this place. The memories of full life and vigor rush back as the reality of dried death stare at me in the face. The spirit of praise, adoration and revival are no longer. The love of You was immersed in this valley and now... now I feel desperate and alone. The ground is covered in the memories of the lifeless past. Somewhere along the line- we forgot what had happened. We got caught up in the technicalities of doing work and not realizing the death that comes of monotonous, dull routine. We allowed division to creep in amongst us and quenched the power that was once inside of us. The walls became thicker and the mortar of pride and selfishness rang in strength.

Here we are- dead, stagnant and lifeless. 


Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones, ‘Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life. I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the LORD.’” (NASB)

The breath fills my lungs as my eyes are open to the awakened new life that is within me. I am aware that I am not alone in this- as others are becoming aware of the need and the urgency to stand. As one we rise, we come together and proclaim that it is time to call upon the power of the grave. This is not a time of slumber no more- but to be brought back to the active wonderment of Him.

"'For here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!” Ezekiel 36:24-28 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment