Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Take My Hand

“we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, 
but also our own lives” 1 Thessalonians 2:8

It’s official. I am 24 years old and I am a cynic. To a certain degree, it’s my own fault. I get caught up in the discussions, blogs, tweets, books and all the hoopla that surrounds me. Sometimes I think I know too much and long for ignorance.  My mom swears the rock she lives under is cool in the summer and warm in the winter so it is tempting. But I won’t because I have this dream that everyone gathers under one roof and worships Jesus, learns from the Word and loves people. I like to call it church. It’s a dream because, until Jesus is actually here, that will never happen. My dream may be naive, but I will hold on to how it could be.

I find such freedom in keeping it simple. To read your Bible, love others and be transparent. The honesty that comes with that brings respect and integrity. To get back to the authenticity of the gospel and what it’s called us to do and be. Simply to impart the gospel and our lives into others. That is true discipleship. No need for a title or to be attached to some organization. Just simply share your life.

That is what I’m praying for. I recently realized I often pray for God to supply all my needs. But I know He will do that. So I have been praying for my wants. Maybe that is wrong, I don't know. But that is where I find myself. I am on my knees praying that He answers my wants for this life.

Take my hand. Speak comfort in my ear as I am listening to Your historic voice.
Take my hand and reveal Your glory.
Take my hand and I’ll return to you.
Your voice is unmistakable as I am overtaken by the need to move closer in.

1 comment:

  1. Lara Jean, thanks. I really like what you said, "I find such freedom in keeping it simple. To read your Bible, love others and be transparent." I like that order too :). I hope all is well, it sounds like it is. Take care Lara Jean.

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete